Saturday, April 14, 2018

Zadri by Erin Tate [Review]

Zadri by Erin Tate
Zadri (Dragons of Preor #5) by Erin Tate
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 5, 2017

Dragons of Preor
0.5. Dashing Through the Stars
1. Jarek
2. Taulan
3. Kozav
4. Rendan
5. Zadri - PaperbackKindle
6. Hatched
7. Ivoth
8. Brukr
9. A Baby for Chashan
10. Argan
11. Vende

Erin Tate (aka Celia Kyle)
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
What’s a single, pregnant woman supposed to do when her family wants that baby gone? Go to Preor Choosing Station Tau and hope a dragon shapeshifting alien is her mate, of course.

Delaney Cole found her mate among the Preor only to watch him die—through his own eyes thanks to the Knowing. Now, what’s she supposed to do when she discovers that her second mate is the male who’d killed her first? It doesn’t matter that he’s gorgeous, that his peach scales invite her touch, and his thick muscles make her fingers tingle with the need to caress him. She shouldn’t want such a violent, deadly male, but… she does.

Zadri was born a son of Syh, orphaned and unwanted, and he never imagined actually having a mate. Yet, Delaney is his. Yes, he was the one to rip out her first mate’s throat, but now that he has experienced the Knowing with her, he will not let her go. Her lush curves, inner strength, and unborn young belong to him—wholly and until he takes his final flight.

When others attempt to rip her from his life, he will explain the gravity of their error. Slowly. Painfully. He only hopes he can reach her before they escape.
Thoughts on Zadri: I'm *kiiiiiinda* thinking I probably shouldn't have skipped book 4 in the series before jumping into this one, but I like to live life by my rules. Ain't no one going to tell me what order to read books in. *nods toughly* But seriously, while I probably would have gotten a little more out of this book if I'd read them in the proper order, I didn't have a problem following along. Not really. It just would have enhanced the whole Dragons of Preor experience.

So. Delaney is human, pregnant, single, and basically widowed since her first mate met an untimely end at the hands of Zadri. To say she needs a little time to work her head around that is pretty much a given. And Zadri was...super sweet. I mean, he still had that strong, powerful, dominant alien thing going for him, but he had this sweet side that slayed me. Like, the guy was just so painfully grateful to have found a mate he was willing to go to any lengths to make her happy.

Given the circumstances of his early life, I could understand where he was coming on EVERYTHING. Including his insistence that Delaney's parents be given the respect he thought they deserved. Once Delaney explained things (and that took a while, to be honest), he understood why she was so standoffish with her parents and...well, communication is important, man. It's important.

I like these alien dragons. I like that Zadri protected his mate and loved her baby regardless of who had sired it. I liked that he showed compassion to someone who'd done a serious wrong to him and Delaney. I guess what I'm getting at is that these dragons work for me. Dark, dangerous urges and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment